Rara lake tour is one of the popular long drive tours. One can also take a flight to shorten their trip to Rara Lake. This is the biggest and beautiful lake in Nepal. It is located in Jumla and Mugu district.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
ABOUT RARA LAKE
Rara lake tour is one of the popular long drive tours. One can also take a flight to shorten their trip to Rara Lake. This is the biggest and beautiful lake in Nepal. It is located in jumla and mugu district. The area of Rara lake is 9.8 km square. Also, the average depth is 100m (330 ft) and the max depth is 165 m (548 ft). Likewise, It is the deepest lake in Nepal. This lake is surrounded by green hills on all sides of the lake. It is the main feature of Rara National Park. In addition, Rara Lake is more beautiful in spring, summer, and autumn.
Things to do in Rara Lake
- We can do boating in a beautiful clear blue lake, which will be your beautiful experience like the lake.
- Rara lake, The smallest national park, which has more than 500 different kinds of flowers, 20 species of mammals and 214 species of birds can be seen in Rara National Park.
- Cycling can be also done by hiring cycle, it will be your lifetime experience.
- Furthermore, camping and camp firing is also done near the national park but you are not allowed to make noise after 10 o’clock.
Food in Rara lake
This region has quite basic food.
- Dal Bhat, which is the typical food of Nepales people is found everywhere.
- We can find cooked noodles.
- Food depends on the hotel in which hotel you are staying.
Sukhet is the capital of Karnali province. It is located in the Karnali districts. The area of this district is 2,488.64 square kilometers which are the longest in Nepal. Likewise, it is 600 kilometers west far from Kathmandu. Its total population is 350,804. Of these 89.6% spoke Nepali, 7.0% Magar, 1.8% Tharu.
Things to do in Surkhet
- Bulbule Lake, Located in Latikaili VDC in surkhet district. It is a natural spring lake. This lake lies inside Bulbule park so it is called Bulbule lake which is a very beautiful public park.
- Karkrebihar is the Hindu-Buddhist Temple which is near Birendranagar. It is located at latikoili VDC in surkhet district of Nepal, situated over a small mountain.
- Baraha lake, situated at taranga VDC, Its 10 kilometers far from Birendranagar. Also, it is the greatest pool of surket.
- furthermore, Deuti-Bajai is a Hindu temple in Birendranagar. It is a popular temple and the most visited temple.
Food in Surkhet
- The pickles you called achar and Dhal-Bhat is the most famous food items some fresh and green vegetables.
- Mainly, Tharu food is popular in surkhet.
- Thukpa is a noodle soup that is easily available in Nepal. Nepales people love to eat this in cold weather.
Kalikot District is a part of kalikot province, Also it is the seventy-seven districts of Nepal. its total area is 1741 square kilometers, The total population in 2001 was 105,580, Likewise in 2011 was 136,948. Kalikot is a rich place in terms of natural resources.
Things to do in Kalikot
- Manma, is a district headquarter of Kaliko district which has an altitude of 2033 meters lies in Karnali province.
- Limi valley which is known as the limi Village Development Committee has a covered area of about 1201 km square.
Food in Kalikot
As the land is suitable for rice, paddies. you can find delicious items made from it.
- You can enjoy the delicious flatbread (roti), maize, Kodo, and fapar.
- Yogurt, meat, fish are served as a side dish.
- Dal-Bhat is the traditional food found everywhere in Nepal.
No details found.
Drive Kathmandu to Surkhet
We will move early in the morning from Kathmandu via bus (605 km/13hours). We will have both our breakfast and lunch on the way to Surkhet. Upon arrival in Surkhet, check into the hotel and get refreshed. Free time of your own. Evening dinner and overnight at Surkhet.
Drive Surkhet to Kalikot
Enjoy breakfast and get ready for the trip to Kalikot. It will take about 7-8 hours to reach Kalikot. We have lunch on the way. We will drive through beautiful views and sal forests. Check into the lodge or hotel nearby. You will have dinner and overnight at Kalikot hotel.
Drive Kalikot to Rara
Wake up early in the morning, take a delicious breakfast and prepare to leave for your destination, Rara lake. We will be driving through Sinja and Nagma. After reaching Talcha airport, we will further drive around 20-25 minutes where we will keep our vehicle. From here, we need to walk 30 minutes ahead to reach the lake. We will stay in a Guest House nearby the lake. You will have dinner at the guest house.
Rara lake sightseeing
Wake up early in the morning and enjoy a pleasant breakfast. We will explore Rara lake. You can do boating, walk around, and capture beautiful moments. You will have lunch at the hotel. You can also hike uphill to capture the best view of the lake and enjoy your day at Rara lake. Dinner to be served at the hotel.
Drive Rara to Kalikot
Breakfast and get ready to drive to Kalikot. You will walk few hours to catch the Jeep. We will return through the same route to Kalikot. We will have lunch on the way. After some hours of drive, we will reach Kalikot. Check into nearby a lodge and refresh yourself. Enjoy your dinner and stay at the lodge.
Drive Kalikot - Surkhet
After breakfast, drive to Surkhet. We will follow the same route for return to Surkhet. Afterward, we will grab some lunch way back. After arriving at Surkhet, we will be accommodated in a lodge. Get some refreshment and have some yummy dinner.
Drive Surkhet – Kathmandu
Enjoy your breakfast and prepare yourself to return back to Kathmandu.
- 6 Nights accommodation in standard hotel on sharing basis
- All meals during the whole trip ( both veg and non-veg )
- Transportation on private Jeep
- Basic medical equipment
- All entrance fees
- All applicable taxes
- Professional guide
- Personal expenses other than mentioned in the itinerary
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found